OUR GRANT REVIEW PROCESS
AWARE awards grants once each year to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations located in Dallas and the greater North Texas area
- Alzheimer’s related Programs/Services must be delivered and/or Research must be conducted in Dallas and the greater North Texas Area
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations in overall good financial health with a proven track record.
- New or existing programs will be considered
- Purchase of equipment may be considered (as an exception)
- Only single year grants are considered.
- Requests can be made for up to $50,000.
Within the limitations of the funding criteria listed above, funding can be used for the following:
- Operating Support
- Research Costs
- Program / Services Costs
- Salaries of full-time or part-time employees
Please note: grants may not be used to pay for conferences and meetings, event underwriting, or bonuses.
GRANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The AWARE Fund of The Dallas Foundation will be accepting grant applications for the 2024 grant cycle from Tuesday, November 14, 2023 through Tuesday, January 9, 2024.
- 2024 Grant applications accepted 11/14/2023 – 1/9/2024
- Site visits are required for all grant applicants. These are conducted between early February and late March
- Grant recipients will be notified in May 2024.
The Dallas Foundation, a 501(c)3 publicly supported charity, is the fiscal sponsor of AWARE. AWARE uses the Foundation's universal application form to assess its applicants. To access the form and apply to AWARE for a grant, please click below.
Make a Donation
Together we can foster a better tomorrow!
Become part of the solution
Together we will make a difference, Join AWARE now.
Our Grant Recipients
Working hand in hand to help
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE DALLAS FOUNDATION
CASA DE VIDA
DALLAS ARBORETUM AND BOTANICAL SOCIETY
DALLAS MUSEUM OF ART
FOR LOVE AND ART
JEWISH FAMILY SERVICE
JULIETTE FOWLER COMMUNITIES
PLANO SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
THE SENIOR SOURCE
TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES
STOMPING GROUND COMEDY
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER
TEXAS WINDS MUSICAL OUTREACH
VISITING NURSES ASSOCIATION OF TEXAS
WILSHIRE BAPTIST CHURCH